What is rizarthrosis?
Rhizarthrosis is osteoarthritis of the joint at the base of the thumb. It is caused by wear or degeneration of the joint of the thumb (trapezometacarpal joint). The result is a stiff, painful joint, with limited mobility.
What procedure is used in the operation of the rizarthrosis?
The surgery involves replacing the arthritic bone, a procedure called arthroplasty. osteoarthritic trapezium bone is removed, and soft tissue of the wrist are taken to stabilize the remaining bone and create a spacer in the area where bone growth is removed. In patients with joint instability, but with minimal arthritic changes may be recommended surgical stabilization of the joint, but without arthroplasty. After surgery, the thumb is kept in a splint or cast for three to six weeks, depending on the technique used.
- Reservation: 20,00 EUR (included in the total amount)
- Amount: 2,020.00 EUR
It IS INCLUDED
- First visit of pre-intervention assessment. Paid the amount of the booking made Privaclinic.
- Medical expenses.
- Outpatient surgical procedure, surgery rhizarthrosis.
- 3 postoperative visits.
IS NOT INCLUDED
- Study and pre-operative tests.
- Possible complications hired surgical procedure. E.g., more days of admission, extra medication, ….
- Need for additional surgery, for example correction of unsightly scars.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Payment of the reservation can access the service described within three months.