What are bunions?
Bunions, or Hallux Valgus, occur when the big toe points toward the second toe. This causes a bulge to appear on the outer edge of the finger.
Bunions are more common in women and can sometimes run in families. People born with abnormal bones in their feet are more likely to form a bunion.
Also, the use of shoes with a pointed toe and high heels can lead to the development of a bunion.
What procedure is used in the intervention of bunions?
Your doctor may recommend this surgery if you have a bunion that has not improved with other treatments, such as shoes with a wider toe box.
Bunion surgery corrects the deformity and relieves pain caused by the lump.
You may be awake during the procedure. You will be given anesthesia so you don’t feel pain, and you will be given medicine to help you relax.
The surgeon makes a cut around the toe joint and the bones. Then he repairs the deformed joint and bones and can use various procedures to hold the bones in place, such as osteosynthesis material or plaster splint, etc.
- Reservation: 20.00 EUROS (included in the total amount)
- Amount: 1,865.00 EUROS
- First evaluation visit prior to the intervention. Paid with the amount of the reservation made to Privaclinic.
- Clinic expenses
- Outpatient surgical procedure, Hallux Valgus surgery.
- 3 postoperative visits.
- Study and pre-operative tests.
- Material placed in the surgical intervention.
- Possible complications to the contracted surgical process. For example, more days of admission, extra medication,….
- Need for additional surgery, for example correction of unsightly scars.
Conditions of service
The payment of the reservation allows access to the service described within a period of three months.
There are no reviews yet.