What is arthroscopy?
Shoulder arthroscopy is a surgery in which a small camera called an arthroscope, which is inserted through a small incision (cut) in the skin, to examine or repair the tissues inside or around your shoulder joint is used.
What procedure is used in shoulder arthroscopy?
Shoulder arthroscopy in the arthroscope is inserted into the shoulder through a small incision. The arthroscope is connected to a video monitor in the operating room.
The surgeon inspects all tissues of the shoulder joint and the area above the joint: cartilage, bones, tendons and ligaments.
Repair any damaged tissue. To do this, the surgeon makes 1 to 3 small incisions, through which introduces other instruments.
The surgeon may perform one or more of these procedures during surgery:
- Repair the rotator cuff: the edges of muscles meet. The tendon attaches to the bone with sutures, small rivets are used (called anchor sutures) to help fix the tendon to the bone.
- Surgery for impingement syndrome: the damaged or inflamed tissue is cleaned in the area above the shoulder joint itself.
- Surgery for shoulder instability: if you have a tear in the labrum (labrum), the edge of the shoulder joint is composed of cartilage, the surgeon will repair. ligaments that are attached to this area will also be repaired.
FACILITY FOR SURGERY AND DESCRIPTION
Remei Clinic of Barcelona. C / Escorial 148. 08024 Barcelona
The Nostra Senyora del Remei Clinic is a private hospital that has a history of over 80 years of service to the patient. Service professional and human quality. Equipped with the latest technology, it has a large team of professionals in various medical and surgical specialties.
- Reservation: 20,00 EUR (included in the total amount).
- Amount: 2,970.00 EUR
IT IS INCLUDED
- First visit of pre-intervention assessment. Paid the amount of the booking made Privaclinic.
- Medical expenses.
- surgical procedure, arthroscopic shoulder.
- 1 night at the clinic entrance.
- 4 postoperative visits.
IS NOT INCLUDED
- Study and pre-operative tests.
- Material placed in the intervention.
- Possible complications hired surgical procedure. E.g., more days of admission, extra medication, ….
- Need for additional surgery, for example correction of unsightly scars.
TERMS OF SERVICE
- Payment of the reservation can access the service described within three months.