What is an umbilical hernia?
An umbilical hernia occurs when a part of the abdominal viscera protrudes through a weak area between the navel area. It is a common condition that produces a bulge in the navel area that can be fixed or disappear depending on the position of the body.
What procedure is used in umbilical hernia surgery?
As in any surgical procedure, the specialist will assess the indication for hernia surgery based on its size and associated symptoms. The surgical procedure allows the reintroduction of the evisceration into the abdominal cavity. It is an intervention commonly practiced in general surgery that provides good results and a quick recovery.
- Reservation: 20.00 EUROS (included in the total amount)
- Amount: 1,915.00 EUROS
- First evaluation visit prior to the intervention by a specialist doctor.
- Study and preoperative tests.
- Visit with anesthesiologist.
- Operating room and general anesthesia.
- Material and medication.
- Surgery without admission.
- Postoperative visits until discharge of the patient.
- Possible complications to the contracted surgical process (more days of admission, extra medication, …).
Conditions of service
The payment of the reservation allows access to the service described within a period of three months.